Tuesday 27 May 2014

I really need to post more often...

Dang, I haven't been here in ages. And I hate knowing that I've neglected this blog.
So, what have I been up to since January? Not much, really.

~

Started my last year of uni, with some classes that don't feel relevant to writing at all. But I did have to get myself an internship for one of my classes, and that worked out great. I got an internship at Little Raven Publishing, a small Australian-based erotic publisher, which was super fun. Something nice to add to my writer's resume. In the long run, I hope to get a job in the publishing industry.

~

Got diagnosed with bipolar disorder and OCD, and finally got treatment for it, which is, like, the best thing ever. My mood swings haven't been quite as intense, and it makes it easier for me to find the motivation to do more that just lie in bed with a book on my face and a dog on my legs, day after day.
Unfortunately, one of the side effects I've been getting is intense vertigo every time I stand up, but it's so worth it.

~

I guess you could say I'm the bees knees
Got another tattoo, and they're my favourite ones yet. Lately I've been really passionate about gardening and flowers, and the importance of bees. Also, it shows my love for puns. 

~

Officially came out as pansexual to my peers, which may have been the scariest, yet most exhilarating thing I've ever done.  I don't think I've ever felt prouder of myself, and relieved at all the positivity gained from it. 

~

Started plans for a new novel, and all I'm going to say about it for now is that it's a modern retelling of The Snow Queen, with mermaids, a guest appearance of Cthulhu, a damsel saving her knight in distress, and no love triangles whatsoever. More details to come as I go through it. 

~

And, saving the best for last, my family has grown by two! 
Meet Selina and Luna!
They already get along so well with Layla, in fact, Luna just adores Layla, and loves grooming and bopping her on the nose, as pictured.



So, that's been my life for the last few months. I hope I can post more frequently than before. Maybe at least once a month like I used to, at least a book haul or what I've read for the month, that sort of thing.
See ya next time!




1 comment:

  1. Yay for treatment and kitties! Boo for vertigo and dog-nose-bopping ;-)

    ReplyDelete