Sunday 25 November 2012

NaNo Weeks 2 & 3

Oh my gosh, I am so bad at this blogging thing. This is just a quick post to show that I'm still alive, and still writing.

And, apparently, at the whole NaNo-ing thing.

After the first week went swimmingly well, I seemed to have developed a nasty case of procrastinationitis, because I just got basically nothing done, so it's not even worth showing my stats.

I got so far behind, though, thanks to my incredible headstart at the beginning of the month, it wasn't as catastrophic as it was last year (and let's not even go there). I've slowly began to catch up. Right now, I'm at 39k and I need to be at 40k, so it's not too bad. Once I finish this post, I'll get back to writing.

Basically me right now.
I think my biggest problem is that once I get to about 30k, I hit a wall. This happens just about every time I write.
I don't plan my novels out much, you see. I basically just know the very basic storyline, and I have a brief understanding of how it ends, but I don't know what happens in the middle. And so, I falter.

I should probably start outlining my novels more, but when I outline too much, I get stuck as well--I feel like there's no freedom while I'm writing.

Basically, I'm fucked. I'm screwed if I outline, and I'm screwed if I don't. I'll try to find a nice medium, because, seriously, this is just no way to write.

Anyone else have the same issues as me? Any tips on how to fight it?

No comments:

Post a Comment